Thursday, July 3, 2008

New Work

Today I worked on a painted collage canvas. What fun. I used some of my stash of decorative papers and collaged them onto the canvas, then stamped and painted onto the papers after drawing the figure of a woman. Although I have tried this technique before, this time the colors are stanping shows more. I am still working on the skin coloration, since we women of color are so different, it is fun trying to make the images look natural.
A couple of weeks ago, my friend Lynda and I worked on fusing fabrics using tar gel. Since this technique is messy and a bit smelly when you iron the items together, this is not one of my favorite techniques. I must admit I like the look of the finished product. I think I will print this out on fabric to use in some other way.




No comments: