Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm still here...

Oddly enough, I have not felt much like blogging lately.  Not in a bad mood or anything, just not much to say or share art wise.
I have been taking a few new on-line classes, Brush calligraphy, Itallic Calligraphy, Shades of Gray, and probably another that I can't think of right now.  All great classes and instructors.
I  am looking into classes being offered by the Art League here in the DC area.  My thought is that I might benefit from having a teacher in the room who will critique and provide guidance.  I have the need to learn my own process and not re-create someone else's style.   This is my second year of painting with acrylics and I am still a bit in awe of them.  My drawing has improved, but I still don't know where I want to go with my painting.
My husband and I are going to visit the facility this weekend to get a feel for the location and to view the artists studios.  I really hope I will be inspired.....
I have also started Zentagles.  This is really a fun and relaxing art form.  I'll post pictures in s day or so.

No comments: