Thursday, August 19, 2010

Forced to paint

This morning around 4am the motor on the central a/c unit for the second floor of our house died.  My DH and I both woke up about the same time and realized we were a lot warmer than usual.  Luckily for us, we were able to get a repair person out this morning and he was able to locate the part so the system can be repaired tomorrow.  Thankfully there is another system that cools the first floor and basement so we are not totally without relief from August in the DC area.   Since our master bedroom has cathedral ceilings, it gets hot in there rather fast, so by afternoon, I was forced to abandon my office on the second floor and retreat to the basement where it is cool.  Anyway, since I was down there, I decided to work on a piece I started a few weeks ago.  I am not sure if I am finished with it, but decided to share where it is so far....   I put in on an easel to take the picture, that is why you see the wrought iron at the bottom.  I love painting Angels!  Her wings are cut from textured wall paper, and her robe is a combination of a painted security envelope and a piece of decorator paper.  Still need to work on her face a bit, but I'm liking where she is going....

3 comments:

Sandy said...

great painting! The textured wallpaper really stands out in the angel wings. I like the colors you chose and the heart. TFS

Kerri said...

glad you got to the painting- lemons to lemonade... which you need when it's hot, right?

Kyra said...

Pat - what a powerful angel!