Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Wow, Where IS she?

Hi everyone,
Yep I'm still around, just took a break from blogging,  possibly one of many breaks when classes resume in two weeks.  Can't recall if I mentioned that I am taking painting and drawing in the fall semester.  Some say that drawing is the cornerstone of art, and if that is true, I need to learn the basics and learn more about proportion in my drawing.   We did a bit of drawing in the watercolor class, and I realized the need for proportion when painting the face and body.   I am a little intimidated to be taking a class with college kids who probably started drawing and painting in grade school , especially since my work will looks like a toddler did it. 8-)  Well not really, but you know what I mean....

In the down time until class starts, I am taking another online class from Julie Pritchard and Chris Cozen on The Land of Lost Luggage network.  I have only done two of the assignments so far, but it is an interesting class.

I don't have any art to share this time, but I have placed some art DVD's in my Etsy shop that may be of interest to acrylic painters, so check it out.   Link is on the right of this page.  The Ann Baldwin class/DVD is outstanding as is the one with Jacqueline Sullivan.

1 comment:

lori vliegen said...

it sounds like you've been busy being creative.....have fun!!! :))