Monday, January 21, 2008

Tyvek beads and fabric paper



I spent a part of my day today shopping at Michaels' Dollar Sale and makingTyvex beads. The sale was great! I was able to get Premo clay for a buck as well as a lot of other things I needed...well wanted! (lol)
Making the beads was fun. This was my first time doing this, and my first few were like rocks because I used the heat gun too long, but I ended up with some that are okay.

Yesterday I tried my hand at making fabric paper using cheese cloth as a base. It came out a lot stiffer than I thought it would (perhaps I didn't dilute my glue enough), but it was fun adding in fibers and pieces of papers. I think the paper is too stiff to use for a quilt I was considering using it for. Guess I'll have to cut it up and use it as embellishments.
I am going to be defeated by this, I am determined to make a piece of fabric paper that is sot enough to use as a quilt top!

No comments: