Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Summer remembered

Today is a cold, windy, cloudy day here in Maryland. This picture reminds me of the warmer days of summer.











This afternoon was good for napping and then working on a painting that has been causing me grief for the past week. I can't seem to get her facial features right. I am happy with the background, but I have re-painted her face three times. Most of the trouble is with her eyes. Think I need to practice eyes before I start on my next one.












I used a technique from Kelly Rae Roberts book 'Taking Flight' to lay down the color for her face , using oil paintsticks. I really loved the result and will use that technique again on my next piece.

1 comment:

Tone said...

How beautiful!!!!!
AND:
Congratulations USA!!!!
Thank you for giving the world a democratic president!