Sunday, April 19, 2009

New Paintings

It's been a few days since I posted, so I thought I would share what I have been up to. Of course still counting down to Art and Soul. I have all of my supplies assembled and ready to go. The nice thing about doing this in advance is that now I know where everything is if I need something. lol. I did a couple more paintings experimenting with different colors to make skin tones. Oddly, I thought I had come upon something in using the cheap acrylic paints to do my faces, and I learned a few things. One is that it is very thin and goes on rather blotchy, the other is that I like the shades I get, and its much easier than tyring to make my own, but as they say you get what you pay for. Here is the one I did using the cheap paint on watercolor paper.I like the shading, but it was hard to spread and blotchy. I decided to give it another try using canvass board and a mixture of the cheap paint and Goldens. It went on smoother (perhaps the canvas board helped) and I was able to get smoother complexion. This one is still a work in progress...

No comments: