Thursday, May 29, 2008

New work and more from Art and Soul

I had a lot of fun yesterday trying out some techniques I read about in Cloth Paper Scissors magazine. I applied tissue paper to a piece of felt with Misty Fuse. Then I used my sewing machine to make the flowers and doodles. Then I painted the piece with Golden fluid acrylics. What fun. Today I plan to try this technique using ready to dye fabric. I know these techniques may not be new to you guys, but new to me.

Next I tried another technique from Cloth Paper Scissors using fluid acrylics on watercolor paper. I built up several layers of paint for dimension, then collaged on background paper and images. I want to try this again with lighter acrylics, not crazy about the dark colors.












Lastly, these are pictures of the journal I made in Traci Bautista's class. Sort of messy process, but the pages were fun to make using paints, stencils, pens, and everyday objects.




No comments: