Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year

Here's hoping everyone has a happy, healthy, prosperous, and artful 2010!
If my Muse continues to visit me in the new year, I will have a lot to share here on my little part of the net.
I am really thankful for all the online classes that are being offered by some really awesome teachers.  I love the online format over the 6-8 hour format of a class at a retreat, because it gives the student more access to the teacher and allows the teacher a chance to share more of their knowledge.  I also love the fact that you can take the class at your own speed, and sometimes even download the videos to be able to revert back to them from time to time.  Don't know about you, but often I feel rushed in a classroom setting and never do my best work.  I also often forget some of the instructions given, which makes it hard to recreate the art at a later time.

Speaking of creating, I used the instructions from my friend Serena Barton in the Dec issue of Cloth Paper Scissors to make this Wabi Sabi piece.  Great fun.


4 comments:

Weathered & Worn said...

Very interesting, I like the colors and textures. I saw your potrait quilt in the newest issue of Sew Somerset, and thought I would look you up! Nice blog.

Unknown said...

Your blog and your work are amazing!! I will stop by often!

Gina Lee Kim said...

Hi Pat, I am so inspired by your authentic pursuits of mixed media. And I love your profile picture painting! I quickly checked your other blog and that's amazing too! Wishing you much much happiness in the new year :)

Serena Barton said...

Hi Pat,

I love the Wabi Sabi piece--you have captured the essence of w.s. perfectly. Thanks for sharing this!