Thursday, March 11, 2010

What I found......

As spring is arriving, so is my need to clean out my studio.  I am a firm believer in getting rid of anything I have not used in a year or so.  When it comes to art, I feel some what the same.  I say some what because I have purchased things and not used them for years, only to find a use for them much later.  I am thinking about having a spring cleaning sale on Ebay in a week.  I considered my Etsy site, but I haven't had much luck there in the past year.
Okay, so while cleaning and re-arranging my studio, I found two 5x5 stampbord boxes.  Since I have fallen in love with Zentangles, I decided to use my doodles on the lid.  Check it out...


Like perhaps many of you, I have a few unfinished art pieces.  I came across this painting and am in the process of finishing it.  I am struggling with the angelic wings, and need to find a way to make them pop.  I also plan to add a saying or word using my newly learned calligraphy.  The painting is done on a wood panel.

4 comments:

jgr said...

Hi Pat,
I like your zentangles, and the angel is really beautiful too. I especially like the blue background next to her gold halo.

Pat said...

Thanks so much! I have made some changes to the painting since I posted this, so I need to update it. I think i would like to do a series on angels on wood.

Unknown said...

I love this, how about adding real feathers to wings.... that would work I feel, just a thought :-)

Pat said...

Great idea Dawn!