Sunday, June 13, 2010

Art Goodies and a WIP

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.  I took a journaling class at my local Art store (The Queens Ink) yesterday.  Jane Davies was a guest artist visiting the store from New England.  The class and atmosphere was wonderful, I really enjoyed being with other artists for a change as opposed to working alone in the studio.  Saw a few old friends and met some new ones.  Of course I could not leave the shop without  a few goodies...Tim Holtz's  decorative tapes, glue sticks, and some awesome papers.
My journal cover was made with paste paper purchased a few years ago from a wonderful artist, Albie Smith.  I combined her paper with another piece of decorative paper and Japanese tape.  This is a page from the journal I made, it is in the initial stage and is not bound in book yet.  I plan to add more collage items and to color the pages, either with Pan Pastels or watercolors, although I kind of like it as it is, we'll see.

7 comments:

jgr said...

Hi Pat,
Oooohh it sounds like you had a blast in the journal class!

Sherry Goodloe said...

Niiiiice! I can't wait until the Rubberstamp Convention next month to see (get!) all the new TH stuff and see Tim *smiles*

Janet said...

How lucky you are! There are never any fun classes like that near where I live. I depend on the internet for all the classes I take.

Your journal cover is gorgeous!!

Kelly said...

What great goodies you picked up. It is so nice to spend time with other artists isn't it? I am so used to time alone with my art I forget what it's like to work with other artists too.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

ahhh the pleasures and bliss of journaling! what a joy it is to meet yet another fellow artist!

i am on the linky link below...i'm #106, do come by and see me too!

ciao bella
i'm now following you!

creative carmelina

lori vliegen said...

i'm so glad you had a chance to get together with friends and be creative......and it sounds like that store is fabulous, too!!! i love the direction your journal is going in.....your cover is gorgeous, and i love the simplicity of the inside pages! keep having fun!! :))

Jane Davies said...

Hi Pat,
I'm glad you enjoyed the workshop. Thanks for posting about it, and for commenting on my blog. You did an awesome job of your journal. I'd love to see more pix as you add further content to it. You all were such a great group!!
Jane