Saturday, June 19, 2010

Updated Journal Pages

I have spent a few hours each day this week working on my new hand made journal I started in class last weekend.  This is one of my pages started in class, and finished at home.   I am really enjoying the process of using scraps of paper from my stash as well as stickers  and other bits of things I have had for years.  I colored my pages with Pan Pastels, Distress Inks, or Cats eyes ink pads, and sprayed some with Glimmer Mists.
This is another page I am working on, forgot to take a shot of the before. I am also taking a journal making class online with Kelly Kilmer.  I like that she uses a lot of paper scraps for her backgrounds.  Haven't started working on the focal points yet.
In other news, I signed up for a watercolor class at the Community College, it starts in a few weeks, should be fun.  

2 comments:

jgr said...

Pat, your journal pages are lovely! You've inspired me to try working with some of my many scraps. I'll look forward to hearing about your watercolor class, too.

Janet said...

Wow....I really like your journal pages. The one at the top is fantastic! There's so much texture and so many things to look at. I took a couple of Kelly Kilmer's classes. She really jump-started me into art journaling.